Before Your Visit
- Eat something light with protein 2 hours before.
- Don’t drink too much water because you will be on the table for approximately 30-40 min.
- Don’t brush your tongue
- Wear comfortable loose clothing.
- If you are new, arrive a little early to fill out paperwork
During Your Visit
- Relax, talk to your practitioner and provide as detailed information as possible.
- Don’t hold back information. We are here to help you.
- We will ask you many questions, take your pulse and look at your tongue.
- After the needles have been inserted, you will be left in the room for about 20-30 min. This is YOUR time. Relax and focus on your condition.
After Your Visit
- Ask questions. Remember, it’s your body and your responsibility to understand it and make yourself better.
- Instructions will be given to you on herbs, diet, exercise, etc.
- Proceed to the receptionist to make your next appointment. If you know your schedule, make multiple appointments to ensure that you get the time and date that is best for you.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
- A treatment course is defined as: the number of treatments and frequency between each visit.
- The length, number and frequency of treatments will vary. After the first 4 visits, we will be able to tell how well your body responds to acupuncture.
- A typical visit lasts from 20-60 min.
- Generally, acute problems require less time and frequency of treatment.
- Chronic problems will require more time and frequency. Remember, if it took you 20 years to get to where you are, it is unlikely that 1 or 2 treatments will reverse the affect. We are here to work together to achieve optimal health.
First Visit: 1.5-2 hours
- Gather all diagnostic information; tongue and pulse, intake forms completed
- Introductory acupuncture treatment
- Educational materials
Follow-Up Visit: 1 hour
- Tongue Evaluation
- Pulse Diagnostics
- Acupuncture treatment
- Herbal Recommendations as appropriate*
- Review of findings: plan for course of treatment